Thursday, March 6, 2008

Opinion: Idol, Week of 3.03

In my second post in a row inspired by crap television, I'll be kicking off what I hope is a recurring topic in my new blog. The subject can be best described thusly: "THIS... IS AMERICAN IDOL!!!!" Sadly, I've become hopelessly addicted to Idol this season in a way I never have before, which is surprising to me, since there are not very many cute girls, and the few there are aren't very good. But anyway...

After watching this weeks performances, here are my unsolicited opinions:

Kady Malloy and Luke Menard have GOT TO GO. And I won't miss Asia'h (WTF?) Epperson and Chikezie Easy.

My current favorites are Brooke White and David Cook.

Kristy Lee Cook would be very cute... if she wasn't so mannish.

On an unrelated note, I've realized now what the whole point of my blog is. I'm hoping to engage my friends (and maybe if I'm lucky, some friends of friends) in conversation about things I find interesting. So to that end, I'll fish around in the comment bag and pull out one lucky winner.... What do you know? It's Eric!... who was the only one who commented on the Prince Harry stuff. Thanks, Eric! Eric says: "I get the Drudge Report is basically a gossip site but I am very upset that they broke the story and have sworn it off for the time being."

I actually have never read the Drudge Report, so I admit to knowing very little about it. My impression of it, though, was that it was more political gossip than the usual celebrity stuff. Am I wrong about that? Either way, it's probably worth mentioning that the NYT reports that the information about Harry was first published by an Australian magazine and a German newspaper. Which would normally net the Drudge Report some sympathy votes in my book, except that Drudge's initial citing of these two sources was "almost immediately reneged and [Drudge] labeled the news a 'world exclusive.'"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AW GEE!!! I feel honored to have my comments quoted in today's post for all to see. Luke and Kady have GOTS GOTS GOTS to go. I don't mind Asia'h. At least she's got some pep and isn't so damn morose. Kristy Lee Cook is the woman who can go for me. Chikezie won't get eliminated because then it would be no black mens in the finals. Jesse would be upset.

Miss Sparkles said...

agreed, eric - kristy lee cook is annoying. i wish she would stop doing lunges in the middle of her songs.

17 year old david is incredible - but the other david and jason castro are the ones who really blew me away this week. i think one of those three deserve to win - not any of the girls.

.mk. said...

Has it been some time since a male Idol winner was crowned? Do we have to go back to Studdard & Aiken?

I think America's fascination with celebrity life is a sad commentary on the attention span and mental capacity of the average American. Harry's cool in my book, I mean, he is a Prince. Do you think people say that about him, like, "Gee, that Harry, he's a real Prince!"